You are here: AU  Staff  Staff Service HR Working Environment Industrial Injuries Damaged eyeglasses

Damaged eyeglasses

Damage to eyeglasses must be reported to AU HR, Development and Work Environment on a special form, which can be downloaded in the right-hand column.

Complete the form and send it to AU HR, Development and Work Environment. AU HR will then assess whether you are entitled to reimbursement. Please note that a copy of the original bill for the damaged eyeglasses as well as itemised bills for the expenses associated with repairing/replacing the eyeglasses must be enclosed with the form.

If the eyeglasses were damaged in connection with an accident at work, the form with enclosures will be submitted to Labour Market Insurance for assessment. To see how the compensation is calculated, go to the webpage.

AU HR, Development and Work Environment will inform the injured employee’s workplace of any reimbursement granted.

The injured person must initially pay for having the eyeglasses replaced/repaired. The workplace should therefore not pay the bills, but should only disburse any compensatory amounts at the request of AU HR.

Compensation is paid as follows:

The cost of new eyeglass lenses is reimbursed in full.

The maximum amount reimbursed for spectacle frames is DKK 1,110 (2016), provided that it can be documented that the frame is less than one year old.

The amount reimbursed for contact lenses paid for on a monthly basis corresponds to the price of one set of lenses for one month.

The amount reimbursed for sunglasses with prescription lenses is the same as for ordinary eyeglasses.

No compensation is normally paid for sunglasses without prescription lenses.

If the injured employee has to buy a more expensive spectacle frame due to allergies or the need for lightweight frames, this must be documented by a medical doctor or optician.

Complaints about decisions must be submitted to AU HR, Development and Work Environment within four weeks of the date of the decision. AU HR, Development and Work Environment will then forward the complaint to the insurance unit under the Danish Agency for Institutions and Educational Grants.

301269 / i40