AV and video conference
- In all rooms with AV equipment you will find an information note with three important phone numbers for urgent help and a manual to the AV equipment.
- In all auditoriums you'll find a PC on the desk. Login for the pc is written in the room and it is the same login to all auditorium pc's.
- If an auditorium pc is locked by another user, you can turn off the pc by pushing the on/off button for a few seconds until the pc turns off. Restart and login as usual.
- Find video manuals that show how to use the AV equipment at Fuglsangs Alle
- How to connect your MAC to a projector
AU has a number of conference rooms with video conference equipment. The rooms make it possible to meet across AU locations and with external business partners. The conference room or mobile equipment must be booked in Outlook. If you need more than to conference rooms, please use the virtual conference rooms instead.
Read more about video conference equipment.
The virtual conference rooms can be used in two ways (depending on what you need):
- AU’s own virtual rooms can have up to 10 conference systems at the same time.
You need to have a video conference system (use cannot use a PC).
You book the virtual conference room in Outlook - and everyone calls in.
Read more about virtual conference rooms. Virtual conference rooms
- AU’s agreement with DEIC's virtual conference rooms (Scopia Desktop Client) can have up to 12 incoming calls at the same time. If you need more, please go to Adobe Connect.
You can use a conference system and a PC - independent of each other. You can also meet PC to PC.
Book the virtual room in Outlook. Everyone calls in.
Read more about DEIC’s virtual conference rooms.
Adobe Connect is a conference system with file sharing, whiteboard function and much more. The system works very well for teaching.
You can use Adobe Connect free of charge at AU as part of an agreement with DEIC. Adobe Connect can only be used from a computer and you cannot book the room in Outlook.
How to use Adobe Connect:
- To start a meeting via Adobe Connect, you open c.deic.dk and choose Aarhus University on the list followed by "Confirm selection and login".
- You will now be transferred to mit.au.dk where you can type in your username and password.
- Accept via the "Yes, I accept" button.
- You will now receive an email with a link to your conference room.
- If you want to invite external persons (persons outside AU) to participate in your meeting, you can give them access to Adobe Connect via mit.au.dk.
Skype is a free, internet based phone and video conference software, which is suitable for small meetings, online discussions etc. To use Skype, you must install the software on your own computer and use a headset and possibly a webcam.
Please notice that Skype cannot be used with regular video conference equipment.
Read more about Skype and download the software at Skype.com.