Payment of expenses related to accompanying family

In connection with the posting of academic staff*, the employing unit (faculty/department/school/centre) can decide to pay, to a limited degree, the following travel and relocation expenses of accompanying family members:

  • Travel expenses
  • Travel insurance
  • Visa
  • Fees for work and residence permits
  • Any vaccinations required for entering the country in question

It must be clarified before the posting commences whether or not your faculty/department/school/centre is willing to pay travel and relocation expenses etc. for any accompanying family members.

* PhD students are not members of academic staff