AU IT and Digital Media approves naming of the function-related email addresses when they are set up. In a matter of dispute, AU IT consults Rector's Office - Communication and Press.
- Function-related email addresses must have significant names. E.g. they must be based on the name of the unit and the function. Additionally, you must avoid abbreviations which deteriorate the users' understanding.
- Personal email names must not be included in institutional email addresses.
- Only full stops (.) may be used to seperate units/functions in email addresses, e.g. dean.arts@.
- Departments, centres and other units which do not include an alias in personal email addresses may place the unit abbreviation before the "@" (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Function-related email addresses which have external recipients will be based on the English designations for the function, e.g., email@example.com (rector), firstname.lastname@example.org (dean with university-wide responsibility for research), email@example.com (Department of Chemistry). Function-related email addresses with internal recipients will be based on Danish designations, for example firstname.lastname@example.org (AU IT and Digital Media).
- The order of main academic area, administrative centre, function, unit, core activity (a reference to the "tværgående bånd") depends on the structure the function is a part of.
All units owned by AU must use an au.dk domain - either @au.dk or with the unit abbreviation @unit.au.dk.
Independent entities with close links to AU such as the University Park residence halls may also use au.dk.
AU Communication may decide that other domains may be used under special circumstances.
Only departments and centres which use unit abbreviations in email addresses may use (unit.) in institutional email addresses (@unit.au.dk)
Units without a unit abbreviation after @:
- conference email@example.com
- function.unit/core firstname.lastname@example.org
- area of responsibility/administrative email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org (only to be used when a function covers the entire unit)
Units with a unit abbreviation after @:
- conference email@example.com
- function.unit/core firstname.lastname@example.org
- area of responsibility/administrative email@example.com