The student will not have used an exam attempt regardless of whether he or she is unable to access the examination room or the system breaks down during the exam. It does not matter whether the breakdown is due to the student’s system or the system used by the examiner/co-examiner.
Procedure in case of a systems breakdown:
- If the system breaks down before the exam, the student must contact Aarhus BSS IT Support to try to solve the problem. The student must state their telephone number so that the supporter can contact the student later.
- If the system breaks down during the exam, the student must send an email to the examiner as soon as possible and state their telephone number.
- If Zoom still does not work, Skype for Business must be used.
- If it proves impossible to establish a connection within five minutes, the exam will be terminated. The exam must be rescheduled via email or telephone. If possible, the rescheduled examination attempt must be placed in direct continuation of the exam (i.e. after the other students have been examined).
- If the breakdown happens after the exam has started, the examinee must draw a new question for the rescheduled exam.
- If it proves impossible to get in touch with the student, he or she will not have used an examination attempt.
- The student is not required to produce evidence of any systems breakdowns occurring either before the start of the exam or during the exam.