Workshop for ERC Starting Grant applicants
Arts and Aarhus BSS: This hands-on peer-to-peer workshop is intended to help you prepare for your application to the ERC Starting Grant call to the 25 October 2022 deadline.
Info about event
AIAS, Auditorium, building 1632
The workshop is oriented at Arts and Aarhus BSS researchers applying for an ERC Starting Grant in the SSH panels in 2022. There is space for a limited number of participants.
In this session:
- The Research Support Office will introduce ERC support structures at AU
- A current ERC StG holder will share his experience with the application process and provide advice for applicants
- Participants will be asked to pitch their ERC project idea/concept and asked to highlight the high-risk/high gain aspect of their idea.
- All participants will be asked to give feedback on the each other’s’ pitches
- ERC grantee Christian Suhr, previous member of ERC review panel Georg Sørensen and advisors from the AU Research Support Office will provide feedback on the pitches.
- All participants declare to keep any documents and discussions fully confidential.
With the collaboration of: Christian Suhr, Department of Anthropology, ERC 2020 StG
- 12:30: Lunch (sandwich provided)
- 13:00: Introduction to ERC Starting Grant applications by the Research Support Office, team Arts/BSS, AU.
- 13:20: Presentation by ERC StG holder Christian Suhr and Q&A
- 14:00: Break
- 14:15: Short pitches from workshop participants pinpointing the high-risk/high gain aspect of their project ideas + peer feedback (4 minutes each)
- 16:00: End of the workshop