Become a mentor or mentee in 2015
The mentor programme Empower Talent! matches staff at assistant professor level (assistant professor/researcher/postdoc) with more experienced colleagues at associate professor or professor level. The programme’s objective is to support and develop the professional and personal career potential of academic staff and to help retain valued junior faculty.
The programme accepts new mentors and mentees twice annually, and you can register for the next group by 17 April 2015.
How can becoming a mentor benefit you?
You can become a mentor if you a member of academic staff at AU at associate professor level or higher. Some of the benefits of a mentor relationship might include
- Making a contribution to influencing and strengthening the research and education milieu at AU
- Contributing to AU’s continued development
- Expanding your network
- Honing your interpersonal skills
- New perspectives
- The pleasure and satisfaction of helping a talented junior colleague at AU develop professionally and personally
How can becoming a mentee benefit you?
You can become a mentee if you are employed as a member of academic staff at AU at assistant professor level (assistant professor/researcher/post-doc). As a mentee, you have an opportunity to focus on developing your career. Some of the benefits of a mentor relationship might include
- Good advice and ideas on being visible and navigating in the world of research
- Help in developing and enhancing your professional identity
- Guidance in strategic prioritisation of working hours and tasks - and work/life balance
- Help to strengthen and establish networks locally, nationally and internationally
- Feedback on your CV
- Advice and guidance in relation to the process of senior researcher assessment /associate professor qualification.
Sign up for the mentorship programme
If you’re interested in becoming a mentor or mentee, you can sign up on the mentorship website. Registration for the next mentorship programme is open until 17 April 2015.
Want to find out more?
If you’d like more information about the programme, please send a mail to a mentorship contact person in HR or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also read more about the programme at medarbejdere.au.dk/en/administration/hr/competence-and-organisational-development/empower-talent-mentor-scheme/