The Kapsejladsen Regatta: Important traffic information about access to the University Park
The annual Regatta (Kapsejladsen) will be held in the University Park on Friday 29 April. Some streets and parking spaces in the University Park will be closed before, during and after the Regatta. Find out which areas will be affected here.
If you park on or near the University Park campus, please note that some parking spaces and streets will be closed in connection with the annual Regatta on 29 April, as in previous years.
These changes will affecting traffic and parking in and around the University Park from 25 April through 2 May 2022. You may not be able to park in your usual spot during this period.
These roads and parking spaces will be closed:
- Bartholins Allé will be blocked off from 26 April at 8:00 until 2 May at 10:00 south of building 1333. Vilhelm Meyers Allé will be blocked off at the intersection with Bartholins Allé from 28 April at 7:00 until 30 April at 20:00.
- The parking lot at building 1342 Victor Albecks Vej will be blocked off from 26 April at 8:00 until 2 May at 10:00.
- The parking lot north of the Museum of Natural History on Wilhelm Meyers Allé will be blocked off from 25 April at 8:00 until 2 May at 10:00. The parking lot south of the museum will be blocked off from 28 April at 8:00 until 30 April at 20:00.
- The parking lot at building 1163 Ole Worms Allé will be blocked off from 26 April at 8:00 until 2 May at 10:00.
- The parking lot at building 1180 Ole Worms Allé will be blocked off from 28 April at 7:00 until 30 April at 20:00.
- In addition, the parking lot at the eastern end of Wilhelm Meyers Allé will be be used as a taxi drop-off and pick-up area and will therefore be closed to private cars.
All of these closures are indicated on the map on the right - or download map here. Signs will be put up at the affected parking lareas. These plans is subject to change.
If you have questions, you are welcome to contact the guards or the volunteers on site.
About The Regatta (Kapsejladsen)
The Regatta has existed since 1991. The event is organised and run by the students and features the student associations in a relay race across the lake in the University Park. It is held annually in late April or early May and attracts as many as 30,000 spectators.
After two years without any spectators The Kapsejladsen Regatta is now back to normal. - This year with Melvin Kakooza and Martin Johannes Larsen as masters of ceremonies during the event. True to tradition opening speaches will be held by Mayor Jacob Bundsgaard and Rector Brian Bech Nielsen.