The team of Research Support, Strategy supports the university's ambition to influence national and international research agendas at an early stage and in a coordinated manner. It aims to create the best possible conditions for researchers working at AU winning national and international external research funding.
The team provides the following services:
- Intelligence scouting, interpretation and targeted distribution across AU in relation to future research funding opportunities at national level and in particular in relation to Horizon 2020.
- Supporting the influencing of national and international research agendas:
- Support and coordination of AU Horizon 2020 Expert Groups
- Screening of lobbying opportunities and support for resulting activities of AU researcher
- Coordination and writing of studies, position papers and responses
- Serving the AU Cross Cutting Research Committee in collaboration with the university secretariat and deans’ secretariat.
- Help with implementing decisions of the AU Cross Cutting Research Committee with implications for the entire university.
- Supporting university wide, strategic investments in research, such as interdisciplinary research centers.
- Helping to coordinate AU's engagement with major private foundations.