Resources at AU are rooms, equipment, cars etc. All resources can be booked in the Outlook calendar.
- Resources are used exclusively for calendar management/booking.
- Resources may be booked by all employees at AU. As a result, departments do not have their "own" rooms.
- There may be limits on how resources may be used – these are managed organisationally. In other words: "you can reserve the car, but this does not necessarily mean you will be given the car keys."
- Costs may be associated with the use of resources. These are managed outside the common email and calendar system.
- All resources are named after the same syntax.
We can deviate from these rules in exceptional cases. Please contact your local IT support.
What does the role of resource owner entail?
All resources in the Exchange calendar must have an owner. The resource owner will be assigned the role of "Owner" (which means that this person can create, read, change and delete all items and files, etc.) in the common email and calendar system – Exchange.
- The resource owner is responsible for ensuring information about the resource is correct.
- The resource owner can make changes to other people's resource reservations
- The resource owner has the formal right to reserve the specific resource on behalf of others – even though this conflicts with the general practice that each employee is directly responsible for reserving resources.
- The resource owner can delegate, i.e. give other employees the right to reserve resources and call meetings on behalf of others.
- Such delegations are a personally assigned privilege and not linked to particular resources.
- Delegation is quite normal in a manager/secretary relationship.
- One can also follow the practice that a particular person or group books meetings for an entire department. This is done by all people in the department delegating this privilege to the given person or group.
Manual - Outlook: