• Access Card

  • You are required to have an access card in order to access AU’s buildings.
  • Below you will find the formulas to order your access card for employees and quests (temporary)


Employees that have started an education at AU, will get a studentcard, when ordering an access card in the educational period.

Students are responsible for ordering their student cards themselves through mit.au.dk. activation is done through the subject portal. For more information go to http://studerende.au.dk/en/studentid/
Please note that student employees and Ph.d. students must use their student-ID as access cards

External users, e.g. Distributors, order their access cards at the facility management.

Employees at Arts Aarhus can order their access cards themselves, the card must then be activated by the local access provider.
Employees at Nat-Tech Aarhus can order the access card themselves, the card must then be activated by the faculty secretary.
Other employees must order the access card at the departments secretary.

When you, as an employee or secretary, must order a new access card, you can find the faculty specific ordering guide below. The type of access card, employee or temporary, is chosen in the relevant ordering form.

Types of Access cards

The following is the different types of access cards:

  • Student card
  • Access cards for employees
  • Access cards for external users without an AU-ID (e.g. distributors or workmen)
  • Temporary access cards for users without an AU-ID (e.g. guests)

Access card for ARTS

Ordering an access card for:

- Employee Aarhus
- Employee Emdrup 
Trøjborgvej 82-84

Activation of your Access Card after receiving it

- For activating your Access Cards in Aarhus and Emdrup, you need to contact your secretary. Employees from the Library need to contact ARTS Facility Management for access. ACA employees shall contact the ACA staff/Facility management staff
- For activation of access card to Trøjborgvej 82 – 84 you need to contact your secretary

Access card for BSS

Ordering an access card for:

- Fuglesangs Alle
- Universitetsparken (bygning 1320-1411)
- Tåsingegade/Rektoratet
- Herning

Access card for HEALTH

Ordering an access card for HEALTH

Only authorized personnel may use the ordering form. If you are an employee at the faculty of health, then you must contact the secretary of your Institute/Department to order your access card.

Access card for NaT/NS

Ordering an Access card for:

- Nat-Tech Aarhus
- Roskilde: Contact the reception

When you receive the access card, it must be activated by the department's secretary