The images in this guide are from a Huawei Mate 10 Pro with Android 8.0. The screenshots may therefore be different compared to the model you are looking at.
1. Download the Microsoft Outlook app from Google Play.
2. Open ‘Microsoft Outlook’ and click ‘Get Started’ (if you are already using ‘Microsoft Outlook’, no or other introduction screens may be displayed. Just skip them).
3. Click ‘Add account’
4. Enter your email address and click ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your user name and password. Your username is firstname.lastname@example.org (for example: email@example.com). Your password is the same as your password for mit.au.dk (Self-service) and AU webmail.
6. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app and click ‘Approve’ .
7. Click ‘Activate’ to accept AU’s security policy for mobile devices.
8. Click ‘Activate’.
9. Click ‘Skip’
10. Click on the arrow on the right until you get to the end.
11. Click on the tick at the bottom right. Profile setup is now complete.
12. You have now completed the installation and setup of the outlook app. It is now ready for use.
1. Download the Microsoft Outlook app from App Store
2. Open Microsoft Outlook
3. Enter your username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click ‘Add Account’
4. Click ‘Open Authenticator’ (two-step authentication)
5. Enter your username and password. Your username is email@example.com (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Your password is the same as your password for mit.au.dk (Self-service).
7. Click ‘Approve’.
8. Click ‘Maybe later’
9. Click ‘Turn on’
10. You have now completed the installation and setup of the outlook app. It is now ready for use.
AU IT recommends that you do not set up Outlook with manual configuration because the IT support team does not provide support for manual configuration.
Some old mobiles do not support automatic setup of email. In such cases, however, Outlook must be configured manually and possibly also in combination with an app password.
In connection with manual configuration, the mobile is set up using the following server address: outlook.office365.com
If your smartphone or tablet does not accept your password in connection with manual setup, you must use an app password instead of your usual password.