If you have accidentally deleted a file in a folder on your personal drive (U) or in a shared folder on (O) \\uni.au.dk\dfs, you can restore it by following the instructions below. This requires that you have access to the server, for example via a VPN if you are working from home.
- Start by opening a ‘File Explorer’ window, for example by pressing the Windows key + E.
- Select this window and navigate to the folder containing the file(s) you want to restore from an earlier date.
- Right-click on the folder and select ‘Restore previous versions’.
- The window that opens shows you the last 64 versions of your folder in a list.
- Browse to the date and time you think your files have the desired status, and click ‘Open’.
- You will now see a new File Explorer window which shows you your folder as it looked at the selected time.
- Locate the files you want to restore. If you want, you can open them first and ensure that your data is correct, then copy the files by right-clicking on them or pressing ‘Ctrl + C’, and go to your previous File Explorer window which shows your files as they look now. Insert the desired files, and replace the existing files if you like.
You can always go back to another restore point/snapshot.
If you cannot find a version that is old enough, you must contact the support team, which can restore files that have been deleted or changed up to six months back.