If you happen to receive phishing emails or spam directly in your Inbox (not spam emails from the junk email folder), you can report the mail in two ways:
1. Via plug-in in Outlook
- Select the spam email in your Inbox.
- On the 'Home' page, click "Report Message"
- Click "Junk".
- Click "Report"
- The email will now be registered by Microsoft and moved to the 'Junk email' folder.
- Create an empty new email and attach the spam email.
- Copy the original subject text from the spam email and paste it into the subject field of the new email.
Please note! Do not write anything in the actual email.
- Send the email to email@example.com
Microsoft guarantees to catch 98% of all incoming spam, and that fewer than 1 in 250,000 is a false positive.
A false positive is an email which Microsoft marks as spam but which you did not consider to be spam. This only works on email in the Junk folder.
- As above, but choose "Not Junk".